ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll be working with creators and writers to produce videos and articles for 150,000 MESHERS, on the MESH app and our socials. We're already creating some good content, but we want to make it even better, and to create more of it. Check out our current content on MESH.life, Tiktok or Instagram.
- In love with biz and hustling? Do you think boring stuff like loans, business models, or e-commerce could be turned into super fun and engaging content?
- Smart? Quick on your feet to generate ideas? Hands-on with production – do you make stuff happen?
- A graduate of the school of life? A degree is not important for this role – it is the content you’ve created that matters the most!
- Someone with a strong instinct for great content and sharp editorial skills?
- Do you know how to get real, valuable tips, not just fluffy SEO filler and dime-a-dozen listicles?
- Do you understand what young people want and need to grow their hustle?
- Do you hate jargon, lectures, and formal speak? Do you want to create content that resonates with your peers?
- Do you speak Kenyanese (a little English, a little Swahili, a little Sheng: whatever works for MESHERS)?
- Do you live on TikTok, YouTube, and other social media channels and do you know the ins and outs of each channel?
Then this role could have your name on it!
OUR CONTENT PRODUCER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Creation of new content, either produced directly by you (in written or video format), or with external creators.
- Overseeing the production process from the briefing of creators on topic and style, to overseeing editing and graphics, to contracts and payment.
- Spotting and onboarding new creators (video creators and writers).
- Developing new content ideas for our monthly content calendar and new, engaging formats.
- Repurposing existing content in new posts and formats
- Collaborating with other content, marketing and community team members.
- Managing their own content production budget and timelines.
- Slicing and dicing the content for sharing on different social channels.
- Analysing what works and what doesn’t, and adjusting accordingly.
MESH is the first online community for young entrepreneurs in the informal economy. On MESH, young people in biz share their knowledge and skills, build their network, and create opportunities together.
Our MESHERS are young men and women, from 18 to 35 y-old, at different stages in their biz journey. While they mostly live in urban areas, you’ll also find them anywhere in Kenya. They live and breathe biz, they are committed, aspiring, with a drive for success.
Supported by funding from BMGF, Mastercard, Unilever, and other strategic partners, MESH is growing fast!